QIP Home QIP Forum

Go Back   QIP Forum > English > Bug Reports

Old 13.10.2011, 21:50   #1
Lover
QIP Newcomer

Question Some Bugs, "Comeback"- & Feature-Requests

Hello,

yesterday I switched from QIP 2010 to QIP 2012 (both under windows 7) and noticed many things, that were solved in a better way in QIP 2010. Also some points that annoy me before are listed here - but if I'm creating a thread already, I think I just can add it now.

I hope I'm just missing the options where I can change these settings or that it's possible to add these things as features for an upcoming release. So here it is:
  1. It's not possible to change the ports for file tranfers. It works with the ICQ-protocol with ICQ-servers as a proxy - that seems to be implemented in QIP. In Jabber there is no such option, if you tick the right checkboxes it's possible to send files, but then it's also proxied through the Jabber-Server in mime encoding, what's very slow sometimes.
  2. The window name of ICQ contacts isn't my contact name anymore, but the name of the contact. In the contact list everything is alright. I'm using the seperate windows setting, because I don't like tabs. So the window name in the taskbar is meant - perhaps the tabs also have this problem.
  3. The state of the contact I'm chatting with was shown as the icon in front of the contact in the taskbar. Now it's just the protocol icon, with no information about the state of the user.
  4. Sometimes there are advertisements in russian only. I don't like ads at all, but if they are presented, they should be also available in english, I think. I unchecked the "Notify about QIP services news, updates and actions", but the popups are still shown sometimes. An example is provided as attachment.
  5. I've enabled "send on enter", and if I'm pressing shift + enter it's a new feature of QIP 2012 to make a new line instead of sending the text. QIP 2010 handled this diffently, there it was no problem. It's annoying, that if you end a message with a ! or ? or a smiley like "xD" and then press enter you're getting a new line instead of sending the message. I know that it's my fault in the end, because my fingers press return to fast, but an option to disable that feature would be very nice.
  6. Sometimes the tray icon is blinking, but the contact window in the taskbar isn't blinking. This problem didn't exist in QIP 2010, now I noticed it many times since the upgrade. I only found the option to disable / enable this option at all and it is enabled.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any advice or solution to my problems.

Regards,
Lover
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-10-13_0000.png
Views:	200
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	21730  
Lover вне форума   Reply With Quote
Old 13.10.2011, 22:05   #2
Providence
Specially for Natly

Lover,
1) http://forum.qip.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=21731
2) so conceived
3) maybe in future this will change..
4) http://forum.qip.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=21732
5) so conceived
6) try to record video
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	555
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	21731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-4.png
Views:	390
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	21732  
Providence вне форума   Reply With Quote
Old 13.10.2011, 22:21   #3
Lover
QIP Newcomer

Hi!

1) Thanks, I'll try that. (Why isn't that explained anywhere? It's just an empty field with no explanation.)
2) What's the sense in giving someone a name and then ignore it in the window name? That's just ******. If I do not give someone a name, this make sense. So what's the intention of this? (See attached screenshot.)
3) See attached screenshot.
4) See my previous screenshot, already checked.
5) I don't think that it's a good solution, but I fear I have to live with that.
6) How does a video of a malfunction help you? It's just like I said, I can record it 100 times, but you'll only see that it is like I said. Nothing more.

Perhaps it's the best solutions to switch back to QIP 2010 until these things are fixed or changed, because this isn't good at all. I don't find my contact windows, don't know whether they're online or offline without opening the window, and miss some messages, because only the hidden tray icon blinks. Great.

Regards,
Lover
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Unbenannt-5.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	21733  
Old 13.10.2011, 22:38   #4
Providence
Specially for Natly

Lover,
2)
3) likely in the future it will return
4) that's interesting... how often this window appears?
5)
6) because there are too many variables
Old 13.10.2011, 23:20   #5
Lover
QIP Newcomer

Hello again...

1) It worked, thanks.
4) I don't know, it was checked yesterday, and the window appeared at 0:00. Just used it for a day, so I don't know how often it would appear.
6) I didn't change anything in my chat attitude, and it happened multiple times after my post - again and again. The tray icon correctly blinks, the taskbar button does nothing. Just like there's no message. When I open the window through the blinking tray icon or contact list, there are new messages.

But overall I have to say that I now switched back to QIP 2010 - the new version is too buggy for me and this new "features" are really annoying. Perhaps I'll try again the 2012 version when some new (minor) versions have passed. But your tip for the ports also works in QIP 2010, so it wasn't useless - thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Lover
Old 14.10.2011, 00:31   #6
Providence
Specially for Natly

Lover, ok, thanks.
Old 25.10.2011, 19:29   #7
D.A.S.
QIP Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover View Post
The tray icon correctly blinks, the taskbar button does nothing.
Does this happen to a conversation window or a chat window?
D.A.S. вне форума   Reply With Quote
Old 09.01.2012, 18:44   #8
rotorblade
QIP Newcomer

Exclamation

So I suppose to get a response in English, I have to post my problem in the English section of the forum. My problem is following:

Nobody in ICQ is able to see the see the xstatus message that I set. It doesn't matter what client the other party is using. It doesn't matter if I use only the short or/and the extended part. The language also doesn't matter. I check against ICQ website and there is also nothing set.
I'm using lately QIP 2012 build 7058 and Windows XP SP3. (This is the configuration on both of my computers that I use). I also tried to downgrade to the previous versions - the same problem is persistent in all builds later than 6715!
rotorblade вне форума   Reply With Quote
Old 10.01.2012, 17:46   #9
D.A.S.
QIP Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblade View Post
the same problem is persistent in all builds later than 6715!
Do you mean that builds older than 6715 are working correctly? Or simply you haven't checked the older ones? In the latter case i'd suppose the problem to be server-side and I'd suggest trying clients other than QIP, to see if the behaviour is the same or different.
Maybe the problem is specifically with your UIN - that can also be the case, try another UIN if you are can.
Old 10.01.2012, 21:00   #10
rotorblade
QIP Newcomer

I mean with build 6715 (and earlier) it's working fine. With all newer builds (6783 - 7058) it's NOT working.
I tried successfully also with various clients (namely imo.im, miranda and trillian) - so it's not an UIN problem either. Btw in QIP Wiki is written that in build 6783 exactly the way Xstatus works is altered: http://wiki.qip.ru/QIP_2012_build_6783-6813#ICQ
Old 11.01.2012, 11:35   #11
D.A.S.
QIP Elder

Yep, according to the thread in the russian section of the forum, this new way is a feature and it is unlikely to change in the near future. Also, they say that it can work for one day and fail for another - so still it seems to depend on the server side somehow...
Old 12.01.2012, 12:59   #12
rotorblade
QIP Newcomer

Thank you for the replay. Well, anyway according to this thread I should be able to "send" at least 34 (or 59) characters. And what I'm currently able to send is 0 characters. Other party could only see my xstatus picture and nothing more. So I suppose I'll have to stick to 6715 :(
Btw. what do you mean server side? I connect to the usual servers - login.icq.com and login.oscar.aol.com. Should I try something else?
Old 12.01.2012, 13:07   #13
D.A.S.
QIP Elder

Well, if it's the most suitable solution for you, than, of course, you can use 6715. But someday things might get changed again, and it'll stop working, too.

As for servers, I just meant that the behaviour may very well depend on servers' software, which is likely to change rather often. But unfortunately, we can do nothing about it.