QIP Home QIP Forum

Go Back   QIP Forum > English > Discussion

Discussion Idle talk welcome =)

View Poll Results: How will the obligatory qip.ru Jabber account affect you?
I like having qip.ru account and will keep using Infium 3 16.67%
I don't like the qip.ru account but will use Infium 5 27.78%
I will most probably stop using Infium if qip.ru is in the final version 4 22.22%
Will definitely stop using it because of the qip.ru account 5 27.78%
I don't know yet 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll | Withdraw Vote

Closed Thread

Old 25.03.2008, 13:58   #1
hittinon
QIP Newcomer

Default QIP Infium RC1 and qip.ru Account

What do you think about the obligatory Jabber account on qip.ru for QIP Infium RC1? Will it affect your usage of Infium?

добавлено через 34 минуты
I personally reverted to Beta 4 from RC1

Last edited by hittinon; 25.03.2008 at 13:58. Reason: Добавлено сообщение
hittinon вне форума  
Old 25.03.2008, 15:49   #2
Lamah
QIP Newcomer

Many options are still missing in new Infium RC1. I'm wondering, why INF has not added status message reading and setting also. That's only one example :)
Old 25.03.2008, 20:39   #3
Lyolyo
QIP Newcomer

Binding users on using some service not optionally will kill any product, like will happen. I doubt that any normal person will be happy to be forced using some service that he don't need. And btw the development team needs to take some care about english users, there is no info for them in english section about this new forced to use feature.
Wish all good on the development team, hope that you'll not gonna kill your good Infium product, I go back to 2005 version, like all of my friends did. Hope that things will get normal again ;)
And yes, pls take care more about English section, you have many users from all over the world :)
Old 25.03.2008, 22:32   #4
Dreamy
QIP Elder

Lyolyo, what care do you need? Am I supposed to wash your shoulder or what? RC1 was released just yesterday. I was informed about nothing. And I won't use new build of Infium. It looks like Inf wants to monitor all Infium users. I haven't regged and won't reg till it's forced. I always swim against stream. Even people from QIP team don't like that idea, afaik. I don't like the way QIP is developed. Inf looks to be very incorrect person. I talked to him about my update system, it seems like he liked the idea but he never wrote me again. I stay at Beta 4 till something normal is released.
Dreamy вне форума  
Old 25.03.2008, 22:45   #5
Lyolyo
QIP Newcomer

Nobody talks about about washing or cooking, I'm not talking about any kind of those things - and you know it.
I'm talking about things like that, here's the quote:
Quote:
....... Более подробная иструкция по переходу на новую версию доступна в этой теме.
No info, or mirrored topic in English, and you can see it, I'm talking about that it's not hard to make a balanced community for people from different nationality. I guess you catch my point, no one is flaming or smth, I just bring into relief my thoughts.
Old 25.03.2008, 23:18   #6
Dreamy
QIP Elder

Who will do that support? Russians are lazy to speak english. And I don't speak russian well, just elementary level. And who will translate everything for free?
Dreamy вне форума  
Old 26.03.2008, 12:02   #7
hittinon
QIP Newcomer

I tried to translate the QIP Jabber-accounts notice from Russian

See here:

http://forum.qip.ru/showthread.php?p=203853
hittinon вне форума  
Old 27.03.2008, 13:51   #8
ulmo
QIP Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyolyo View Post
Binding users on using some service not optionally will kill any product, like will happen. I doubt that any normal person will be happy to be forced using some service that he don't need.
Wish all good on the development team, hope that you'll not gonna kill your good Infium product, I go back to 2005 version, like all of my friends did.
I think now.. it could be read well. Without pathetic things.
Lyolyo it is really hard to get a mod with good english skills to this part of the forum.
I can tell you, Sleepwalker is doing a real good job in here and itґs not easy to deal with the russian qip team to this matter. So donґt be to harsh and give it a longer shoot.

But anyway.. I have to agree with you. This service doesnґt make any sense to me.
Honestly? I really donґt get it. I read the translation twice and ..Noooope..
no sense at all. Maybe there is someone whoґs able to tell me what the hack ..this is for?
I really donґt need a fricking qip.ru account. Go away with that. Damnґ Iґm pissed..(sorry for that... )
Letґs see and wait.. this sucks a lot and I think I will do the same as you .. if there is no change .. Iґm back to Miranada or Trillian.. This is getting sooo borring right now..
A great idea ..and good job so far....but kicked into the sea by Inf himself...

"""""After creating and logging on to your QIP-account you will be offered the possibility to create additional accounts for other protocols."""""

Wooow.. great. Let me know... for what damnґfricking protocol???

Last edited by ulmo; 27.03.2008 at 13:58. Reason: edit
ulmo вне форума  
Old 27.03.2008, 15:27   #9
Dreamy
QIP Elder

You're damn right guys. ulmo thanks for support, I really try much, fighting for support two years already, built central european support as well.
I can't do more without good connection with Inf and his guys. I don't get any info myself. Only info I get is Sega-Zero's Infium version, what suggests that new version is gonna appear. Noone tells me what changes should I be prepared for. Noone tells me what to say users, what should I know to be able to do some support.
I never know more then other users. I can't make better support then. I won't fight anymore. Without feedback, no way. For example I was forced to stop my updater project, because I got no support at all.
In fact, Inf blows international support at all. No actions to make it better. Silly fast changes. No info. I look like a fool. I have no words.
Dreamy вне форума  
Old 27.03.2008, 23:45   #10
Lyolyo
QIP Newcomer

@ DreamWalker noone of my posts were pointed to flame you, I guess you didn't understand me - and you don't look like a fool or anything negative :)
I want just to make a reminder, that the international users still exist in this forum, and I hope that INF and all development team will change something (of course if they care about all users not from Russia). It's not good to leave your International Support Community Manager without news and info.
Hope that things will go better, and we'll all gonna have info up to date.
Old 27.03.2008, 23:49   #11
INF
QIP Developer

Lamah, in RC1 added ICQ6 status message auto reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker View Post
Inf wants to monitor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker View Post
Inf looks to be very incorrect person
DreamWalker, if this is your help in translation, then thanks, we dont need for such help. As well as I remember you were QIP english forum part moderator, not QIP employee, so you know the same as many other moderators in our forum. Thanks for your help, we will find someone else.

English speaking users, I'm really sorry about I can't answer all your questions, because working ~12 hours a day, but I'm still trying to translate new version info, what was added/updated/fixed, so it seems we need new english forum part moderator.
Old 28.03.2008, 02:01   #12
ulmo
QIP Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INF View Post
DreamWalker, if this is your help in translation, then thanks, we dont need for such help. As well as I remember you were QIP english forum part moderator, not QIP employee, so you know the same as many other moderators in our forum. Thanks for your help, we will find someone else.

English speaking users, I'm really sorry about I can't answer all your questions, because working ~12 hours a day, but I'm still trying to translate new version info, what was added/updated/fixed, so it seems we need new english forum part moderator.
Inf..let me get this really straight. Do you have any problems taking harsh critics? It could be useful to read between the complains. There must be a bit of truth behind it. So I got that right.. you did confirm, as written above.. No QIP employee, no information for the mods inside the QiP forum? Let me ask you ...for what, the hell, than you need a moderator. Cleaning up? Closing endless threads? Does this mean you need a puppet ..and it´s only that he will react if the QiP offical tell him..Jump?
Of course, work overload ..yep fine...but you are not the only one who´s working 12 hours a day, so what? Do you know how many different QIP non-offical forums are grown since the last year? There are 12 around the globe, because of the lack of information from here.

You know, normaly this doesnt bother me..but your explain about ..No QIP employee, no information to mod, whatever he is part or full, that is arrogant in a way.

Do you thing there will be one guy to go for the mod-job under those circumstances.?
I don´t think so.

Feel free to delete this post if you think it was to rude. I am really disappointed what happened
inside the english section.
ulmo вне форума  
Old 28.03.2008, 02:51   #13
INF
QIP Developer

ulmo, don't worry, he knows why I wrote this :) About year ago his signature was something like "No more QIP, left forever" because someone used newer version than he did. After some time he became english section moderator. Maybe after this he will become QIP employee :) You never know.
Old 28.03.2008, 09:00   #14
Dreamy
QIP Elder

Infinity_gth, how should I know that you even care about non-russians? I'm pretty sure you see the last section, that was created for communication between me and russian part. Was it so hard to drop at least a line there? We've been talking in december, or january, I don't remember. Then I tried to contact you few times again. And it looked like 'hehe we got a fool in engish section, it looks fine, let him fight alone'. Only VegasRed told me at least hello. Sega-Zero became quite a good friend of mine and ViolentOr looks to be good too. But I don't want to disturbe those two with questions 'what happens?' and 'any news?'. I actually don't speak russian. It takes me long time to read cyrilics. For example I've been translating forum rules for 5 long days.

Fine then, you don't like critics, then I have nothing to say.
Dreamy вне форума  
Old 28.03.2008, 10:44   #15
INF
QIP Developer

DreamWalker, it seems you don't understand, you think we always talking each other everyday, and not noticing you, but you wrong. I can talk to Sega, Alex and our admins once a month or two, because they all quite independent and quite busy guys. My activity in our forum is not so high, because I'm quite busy too and sometimes I can reply in topic or message in a weeks after it was posted or sent, or I can forget to reply. So, you should stop complaining. And no, I did not notice last section you are talking about.
Oh, my english become worse every day)

//Now I noticed last section, sorry, really did not notice.
INF вне форума  
Closed Thread