QIP Home QIP Forum

Go Back   QIP Forum > English > Feature Requests

Feature Requests Suggestions welcome

Old 06.07.2010, 23:21   #1
Ragnarr
QIP Newcomer

Smile suggestions for q2010

Hi,
As long as I love qip 2010, I was searching for some way to tune up some details and such, then I found out, that all of this is only available within the core, not with plug-ins I wanted to write.
Soo here`s some of the suggestions I can now think of:

- the probably last, and most wanted protocol (for me at least) - skype.

- when I want to change my status and click anywhere but the window, it closes and doesn`t save changes, would be better to stay opened until OK or Cancel is pressed.

- don`t know about others, but I would like to be able to set transparency of the notif. windows off or better - set with slider or percentage..some skins (especially mine ) looks kinda weird...but not a big deal.

- any chance to disable the qip.ru protocol ? some people get confused by it, I sometimes too, but again, no big deal..

- I liked the way I could start old 2005 with the /ifa from cmd at start-up and not to worry about unwantedly being seen and so, any chance to make these commands compatible with 2010 ?

- as for facebook protocol, is there a way to set the "away" status or is it a limitation of api ? if it`s set automatically when idle, that`s ok with me.

I`m done.
Ragnarr вне форума   Reply With Quote
Old 07.07.2010, 00:37   #2
Providence
Specially for Natly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
would like to be able to set transparency of the notif. windows off or better
try the PopupEx plugin

Quote:
any chance to disable the qip.ru protocol ?
Isolated mode, but, read the official response

Quote:
I liked the way I could start old 2005 with the /ifa from cmd at start-up and not to worry about unwantedly being seen and so, any chance to make these commands compatible with 2010 ?
QIP Loader plugin

sorry for google translate.

Quote:
- as for facebook protocol, is there a way to set the "away" status or is it a limitation of api ? if it`s set automatically when idle, that`s ok with me.
this is limitation of api.

Quote:
- when I want to change my status and click anywhere but the window, it closes and doesn`t save changes, would be better to stay opened until OK or Cancel is pressed.
this suggested many times, but no, sorry

skype is possible via SkypeKit, but not in the near future.
Providence вне форума   Reply With Quote
Old 07.07.2010, 01:06   #3
Ragnarr
QIP Newcomer

Thanks for the fast reply and for the popupEx suggestion I`m already discovering it.
as for the skype ide/api I browsed the web and forum for hours a few days, but to no avail, also tried peeking to the devzone, discovering skype api`s and so, but didn`t find nobody with the same idea in form of a plugin to inf/2010 and who have actually made progress.
I suppose it would be a similar protocol (with similar options window) like sipnet
Old 07.07.2010, 16:26   #4
Providence
Specially for Natly

Ragnarr, maybe, maybe. no one knows this because SkypeKit in early beta stage for now... when it will release, then we will see how to implement skype. also maybe someone writes plugin for skype, and very possible this happens sooner than protocol.
Old 07.07.2010, 16:45   #5
Ragnarr
QIP Newcomer

I understand..and last question concerning me about this - found a skypecontrol unit for delphi and finally got it installed and trying to understand it right know...do you know, is it of any use ?
Old 07.07.2010, 16:57   #6
Providence
Specially for Natly

Ragnarr, first time I heard about this
if you familiar with Delphi, try to write a plugin, you will appreciate a lot of people on this forum and beyond. description of the QIP SDK is here, also look at this and plugin samples
Old 07.07.2010, 17:06   #7
Ragnarr
QIP Newcomer

I`m already figuring out plug-in structure and so, although I had delphi only for about 2 years on school, so I`m kinda weak at it, but it`s fun, so I will give it a try.
As for now I figured out that this unit just takes control of already running skype and use it for things like calls, IMs and stuff, but better than nothing

oh and if this is already an OT, sorry, wasn`t a purpose

(p.s.: maybe I can give a link to the delphi unit so some real programmer can it of use ?)
Old 07.07.2010, 17:37   #8
Providence
Specially for Natly

Ragnarr, mmmm... If so, then this unit is useless, because very limited functionality, and for his work anyway need Skype itself. it simply makes no sense to write a plugin have a similar plugin for Miranda, but nothing of this plugin is almost no.
Old 24.08.2010, 23:57   #9
D.A.S.
QIP Elder

Оффтоп:
I think, even having to have Skype running in the background, writing a plugin like this wouldn't be that useless. First, you will have ALL contacts in one contact list - that's pretty convenient and, IMHO, most desirable among skype-in-qip-wanters . Another thing is that many people use Skype not only for video/audio calls, but preferably for multi-user chats (well, OK, I know that jabber conferences are better , but Skype is more popular anyway - BTW, the same thing about MRA, though in less degree). Thus, it could very well be that a number of plugin features, such as IM, chats and some Skype controlling things, would be pretty enough for (and make happy) quite a bunch of users.

Оффтоп:
P.S. Hundred times sorry for offtopic and for using the opportunity to somehow practice my English...
D.A.S. вне форума   Reply With Quote
Old 16.09.2010, 10:21   #10
petrycho
QIP Newcomer

Default suggestions for q2010

Some suggestions from me would be :

Make a single Shortcut for PopUp and Hide the main window.
Its quite strange that you must press CTRLNum4 an example to popup and than, when you wanna hide the window to press AltT.

Anyway, Nassi is the best LAN-Chat program on the market.

Good Luck and BTW.. when will be released the new version?
Old 16.09.2010, 12:08   #11
D.A.S.
QIP Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrycho View Post
when will be released the new version?
Follow the Nigtly builds subforum. The latest version available now is QIP 2010 build 4107 (translation).

Last edited by D.A.S.; 16.09.2010 at 13:18.
D.A.S. вне форума   Reply With Quote